Sunday, August 3, 2008

Airport Drama

I am currently sitting in the Charlotte Int'l Airport in North Carolina. I don't know whom of you have ever watched the movie Love Actually but my experience here is not as that movie describes. There are no happy faces. I am looking at people right now who are giving each other ice grills because of no reason and a warning of a code oranges keeps getting anounced.



I understand that people need to be aware of threats and I totally agree with the saying "If you see something, say something" but I believe that there is a limit. I think that after a time period everyone just because suspicious of everything.... OMG! a bag that's unattended!!!! OMG! a black guy who looks suspicious!!!! What the hell, seriously?



I think that travelling without help can be a jarring experience if you think of all the "could be's"... you could get into an accident, your plane could crash, a drunk driver could hit you, you could fall asleep behind the wheel, etc. but if youlive your life based on the could be's you not going to be able to fully experience what is. Why do we have to establish more fear within ourselves before realizing that we're only here for a short time anyway.

So fly where you must, drive where you must, walk down the street for all I care. Just don't let everything have an influence on you... you can do bad by yourself.

I think I'm going to plan my next flight...

No comments: