Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Praying for Changes

I know that to see changes in your life, you have to initiate them. I think that over the years, and even looking at these blogs, I have repeated the idea of change and implemented different strategies to get what I want; however, for what I want to achieve, it involves more than one person and I am not in charge of any ones actions but my own. For instance, I want to get married... yeah, I know it's the fantasy of the average woman but I really want a person to spend my life with. I'm looking for a lifetime companion that is willing to accept me for me, flaws and all. I want someone that I can learn to tolerate because I love them so much that I would be willing to do anything within reason. I want to have a family. I want children.But that all involves finding the right person.

I want a home, a place to call my own... but that crap is up to the government. Once we're out of this so called depression, recession and debt crisis maybe I'll have a chance at getting a loan for what I want. But that also involves having a stable job that pays well... once again that involves others taking a chance on me.

All I know is that I want... I want more than what I have but I know everything will come in it's own time. I've been praying for God to send me a man that will make me happy. Don't get me wrong, I've been living life and enjoying my time as a young single woman. I took the bull by the horns, literally and I'm taking life one day at a time. But I want someone who can grow to know, love and respect me for who I am and what I am doing. I've been praying for the courage to take my next step into the world of independence and find what I want to establish as my career.

I've prayed for true friends to support me in these efforts. I don't need people that are going to stab me in the back or talk about me or show their asses. I support all my friends in everything they do and I expect the same respect. I am asking God to humble me. I am appreciative for all the things I have and all of the things I've been able to do... and maybe that should be enough. maybe I shouldn't want anymore because He's been so good to me. I'll continue to pray on it and whatever will be, will be :)

No comments: